On September 10th, 2019, the citizens of Arkadelphia overwhelmingly (66%) voted in favor of a 1% sales and use tax increase in Arkadelphia. These new funds will be focused primarily on Public Safety (Police and Fire), Streets and Sidewalks, Drainage Utility, and Public Facilities.
To facilitate the many need of Arkadelphia, the Board of Directors approved a $2 million Kick Start plan.
This page is intended to show gratitude to the citizens of Arkadelphia and provide a source of accountability regarding the additional funding.
Current activity includes:
|2019 Kick Start Budget|
|Fire Department||Turnout Gear 12 Units||Completed|
|Rescue Tools – Jaws of Life||Completed|
|Turnout Gear Extractor & Install||Researching|
|Air Pact System Replacement||Completed|
|Station #2 Immediate Repairs||Begun|
|Computer Upgrades Station #1||Completed|
|Digital Emergency Alert System||County|
|Relocate Repeater and Tower & Permit||Researching|
|Police Department||First 8 Vehicles Replaced||Ordered|
|Immediate Facilities Needs||Partial|
|Armory Standardization Pistols||Ordered|
|Immediate Car Technology Upgrades||Researching|
|Uniforms and Gear|
|Streets||Street Sign Replacement/Install||Ordered|
|Immediate Repairs/ Striping||Partial|
|Drainage Program||Prisoners – Weed eaters & Trailer||Completed|
|WPA Ditch Low Dam Replaced||Researching|
|Maddox Branch Opened Up||Researching|
|Purchase Tools to Begin||Bidding|
|2019 Approved but not Funded||Code Enforcement Vehicle (1995)||Ordered|
|Replace Grounds P/U (1999)||Ordered|
|Parks Mower & Trailer||Completed|
|Administration||HVAC Town Hall||Ordered|
|Building Department||Software for Permitting||Researching|
|Parks & Recreation||Safety Fence at Baseball Field||Completed|
|Sportsplex Field Maintenance Equipment||Completed|
|Preseason Sportsplex Field Work||Researching|
|Feaster Basketball Court Rehab & lights||Researching|
|Recreation Center Gym Re-lamp (12 out)||Ordered|
|Lockable Shed for Equipment||Ordered|
|Pool Skimmer Repairs/Equipment||Researching|
- Over the course of the next month, new signs will be posted on the streets highlighted on the Phase 1 Signage Map attached below. Batson Signs is helping the Street Department to replace older worn signs with new signs with enhanced reflectivity among the major streets within Arkadelphia.
- The leaking window on the north side of Arkadelphia Fire Department Station 2 has been fixed and sheet rock repairs have been made.
- The water leaking into the north side of the Arkadelphia Police Department has been repaired.
- The air conditioning at the Arkadelphia Police Department has been replaced and is now operational.
- To begin phasing in our new Police Department vehicles, we will see 8 new vehicles in the department around April of this year! The attached image is a sample of what our new Police cars will look like in 2020!
- Baseball Field #5 at the Youth Sports complex has received safety updates recently. We have replaced the 20ft. poles with 30 ft. poles that will expand 145 ft. wide with netting to prevent foul balls from flying into the concession area, or toward spectators at nearby softball fields.
- Much need improvements at the Arkadelphia Police Station began with foundation concrete work that was completed!
- The Feaster Trail drainage project near the 10th Street Bridge is complete! This will improve drainage and provide a better recreation experience for those that frequent Feaster Trail!
- Christmas came early at Arkadelphia Fire. Our firefighters are now all fitted with new turnout gear replacing our outdated gear. This helps insure the safety of each firefighter. Funded by Move Arkadelphia Forward 2019.
A huge thanks to the Citizens of Arkadelphia for making this department better for our community.
- A big thanks to our citizens of Arkadelphia. Arkadelphia Firefighters are unpacking and prepping our new extrication tools to be put in service this week. These tools will allow our rescue crews to be more efficient while working vehicle wrecks. Funded by Move Arkadelphia Forward 2019.