The City of Arkadelphia’s Finance Department is accepting applications for an accounts payable/payroll clerk position.
Role and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include following municipal, state, and federal procurement laws, regulations, and policies. Will be required to process payroll, vendor invoices, billing, and send out employee benefit payments. Secondary responsibilities included filing, general office duties and working alongside each department.
- Perform general office duties including answering phones, filing, mailing and etc.
- Processing payables
- Processing payroll
- Submitting employee benefits for payment/assisting with open enrollment
- Maintain updated balance for employee’s time off
- Communicate with benefit liaison regarding new hires
- Return calls regarding billing questions and issues with vendors and customers
- Assist City Treasurer as needed
- Work alongside admin assistant
- Monitor emails for swift responses
- Order supplies needed to operate
- Data entry for reporting needs
- Check verification
- Travel to workshops for training
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must have some computer skills, be familiar with Microsoft applications, experience with accounting software or data entry, reconcile invoices, and have good communication skills. Have the ability to learn basic bookkeeping task with one year of clerical experience. Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Must have good morale and the ability to adapt to a family-oriented work environment.
Data entry, billing, payment processing, account set up.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to Human Resources Manager Chama Williams, or deliver it to Town Hall during its normal hours of operation. Town Hall is located at 700 Clay Street in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
This position will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, call Town Hall at 870.246.9864.