Desk Aide for Parks and Recreation Department
Parks and Recreation
Reports to: Recreation Center Operations Manager
Responsible for assisting patrons with enrollment, rental of the facilities and to ensure the safety of participants and security of the building.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Unlock facility and perform opening procedures.
- Receive and receipt all transactions.
- Check calendar for daily events and activities.
- Collect completed reservation forms for facility rentals and turn them over to Operations Manager for approval.
- Observe all actions of participants at the entrance and other locations of the building.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service at all times.
- Issue and print memberships.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages and transfer calls.
- Take registration for participation in activities and sport programs.
- Issue and retrieve equipment after usage.
- Enforce all rules, regulations, and policies concerning the use of the recreation center. (ZERO TOLERANCE!)
- Ensure the safety of the facility’s members and guest.
- Give out information and promote the use of the building to citizens and potential users.
- Inform the Recreation Center Operations Manager of any problems with the building or participants.
- Fill out daily recaps.
- Lock and secure the facility on closing.\
- Setup & teardown as requested for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to speak & write effectively to the public.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Ability to read fine print and numbers.
- Ability to respond to verbal communication.
- Ability to learn and use recreation software.
- Cash handling skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment.
Applicants must possess high school diploma or equivalent and a valid AR driver’s license. Applications will be accepted until September 21, 2020 and may be found online at www.arkadelphia.gov or picked up and returned to Town Hall, 700 Clay St., Arkadelphia, AR 71923 from 7:30 to 5:30 Mon – Thu and 7:30 to 11:30 on Fridays. Equal Opportunity Employer.