Yoga / Zumba Instructor Openings
Arkadelphia Parks and Recreation is looking for accredited fitness instructors to join our team.
- Plan, hold regularly scheduled classes
- Provide instruction, explanation to class participants on proper techniques (Demonstrate as needed)
- Create a positive, inclusive class environment
- Communicate regularly with management on class progress, needs
- Perform related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed fitness instructor certification courses (Zumba, Yoga, etc.)
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies
- Ability to motivate fitness class participants
To apply, please email certification documents and a brief description of your experience to Kathryn Nichols, Recreation Center Operations Manager, at Kathryn.Nichols@arkadelphia.gov.
Arkadelphia Parks and Recreation is an equal opportunity employer.
The positions will be opened until filled.
Field Operations Opening
Arkadelphia Water and Sewer Utilities is accepting applications for a Field Operations position.
- Experience in underground utility construction
- Experience in equipment operations
- Issued valid Arkansas driver’s license
- Able to obtain Class B CDL
- High school diploma or equivalent
Interested candidates should pick up an application at the Water Utilities Office, located at 700 Clay Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Arkadelphia and Arkadelphia Water and Sewer Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE // SEASONAL UMPIRE/OFFICIAL
The City of Arkadelphia is looking for seasonal referees/officials for its fall flag football, tackle football and volleyball programs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Officiate and control games, events, and competitions in a confident, appropriate manner.
- Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and regulate participants and spectators during the game.
- Dress appropriately according to the standard rule book for the sport.
- Arrive at the appropriate time prior to game time.
- Ensure all participants understand and comply with game rules and assess penalties when needed.
- Make game calls with confidence and knowledge of league rules.
- Make sure the teams have the appropriate equipment and inspect both players and equipment for any issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess an attitude of serving the public, maintaining a calm nature during disagreements from both participants and spectators.
- Possess good moral character at all times; during, before, and after games.
- Must not be under the influence of any controlled substance by law.
- Physically capable of moving during the game to correct positions to officiate the specified sport on the field or court in order to make the necessary observations and calls.
- Possess the mental capacity to comprehend the rules of play and make quick decisions.
- Good Vision: officials must be able to view violations and infractions accurately during gameplay.
- Interpersonal and communication skills: officials must communicate the rules clearly in a non-confrontational manner.
- Decision-making ability: officials must often make quick decisions on infractions and other calls.
- Teamwork: officials work with others to come to a mutual decision on rulings, and contribute to the development and educational experience of the team members.
- Must have participated in the sport to the extent that he/she knows rules and procedures appropriate to the specified sport.
- Weekend availability is required for this position.
Interested candidates should contact Recreation Programs Manager, Mickey Bivens, at 870.260.0859.