FULL-TIME RECREATION PROGRAMS MANAGER, ARKADELPHIA PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- FULL-TIME RECREATION PROGRAMS MANAGER, ARKADELPHIA PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- RECREATION CENTER OPERATIONS MANAGER
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- RECREATION CENTER OPERATIONS MANAGER
Job Title: Recreation Center Operations Manager
Range: $30,000-$35,000 year
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Job Summary: The City of Arkadelphia is looking for an energetic leader to join our expanding and progressive Parks & Recreation Department. This position is responsible for all operations within the Parks & Recreation Center. Manage facility reservations for the Parks & Recreation Department. Collect and calculate payroll & employee attendance for all department staff. Maintain accurate bookkeeping records of revenues & expenses. Manage inventory for the recreation center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial records.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Collect and record personnel’s time for payroll.
- Maintains up-to-date budget/bill tracking.
- Prepare end-of-month financial data and reports for Director’s review.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule desk aide staff and custodial staff.
- Facilitate and manage facility reservations.
- Receives messages and effectively maintains communication within the department.
- Trains staff in revenue collections.
- Perform other related duties as required
- College degree in accounting, marketing, or other job-related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience leading staff.
- Ability to operate office equipment and computers.
- Experience with recreation software & Microsoft Office.
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.
Applications are available at: Arkadelphia Parks & Recreation Center 2555 Twin Rivers Drive
Or online at www.arkadelphia.gov/careers
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Review of applications and interviews will begin immediately.
The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- PUBLIC INFORMATION COORDINATOR
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- Public Information Coordinator
Public Information Coordinator plays a critical role in the City of Arkadelphia on issues related to strategic messaging, community engagement, community relations, and crisis communications. The Public Information Coordinator develops, executes, and drives strategic communications plans, heightens our positive reputation in the community, and tactics consistent with the mission of the City of Arkadelphia. The Public Information Coordinator proactively identifies communication opportunities and needs related to organizational change, employee engagement, and city communication. Serves as the primary communications coordinator for the City of Arkadelphia and serves as the inward and outward-facing representative of the City of Arkadelphia to the community and in that role keeps current in terms of community needs, issues, and opportunities relevant to the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in all services and activities of the department related to public information and marketing; maintains the confidentiality of all information handled in the course of business.
- Manages all social media accounts associated with the City of Arkadelphia.
- Collaborates with City Manager and the Director of Community Engagement & Special Events to ensure the media reports accurate and timely information
- Uses sound public relations and marketing techniques and principles to research and compose various types of communications, such as news releases, media advisories, digital content, brochures, speeches, speaking points, advertisements, market research, marketing plans, and marketing-related videos, etc., to inform the public about the activities of the City of Arkadelphia.
- Provides support to the City Manager’s Office, Mayor and Board of Directors, and departments as it relates to communicating the city’s message to the public and the media through various communication channels.
- Participates in planning, organizing, or publicizing city events, including news conferences.
- Attends city events to communicate during the event through digital channels and other methods.
- Will be in charge of coordinating communication efforts with the public and media during an emergency.
- Edit materials created by other city staff, including news releases, brochures, flyers, and other digital content, etc.
- Attends City Board Meeting and other city meetings as needed to provide staff support and communicate to the media and public about outcomes.
- Acts as spokesperson for the city when directed by the City Manager providing interviews on camera, print, and radio.
- Participates in and provides media training for departments.
- Prepare the City Manager/ Mayor with talking points, speeches, scripts, and formal correspondence for presentations, and official appearances.
- Acts as a secondary contact for the news media and general public on issues relating to municipal government programs and services.
- Fosters, develop and maintains relationships with media, press representatives, elected officials, and stakeholders.
- Stays informed on best practices and current trends in the area of assignment.
The Public Information Coordinator must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications; Marketing; Public Relations; or a related field. Two (2) years or more years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, and public relations. Experience working in a municipal government setting is desirable.
The Public Information Coordinator should have knowledge of practices of journalism and marketing required to prepare press releases, reports, and related documents; town programs, policies, and structure; public information and modern principles and practices of public relations media; general experience in media and public relations; ability to write, edit and communicate effectively to create a positive and professional image of the City; ability to write public information reports and releases; knowledge of grammar, punctuation, editing, layout and related skills; good research and organization skills; ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, employees, the media and the general public. Considerable knowledge of computer skills and technology (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) and specialized software.
The City of Arkadelphia, Arkansas is accepting applications for the position of Public Information Coordinator. Successful applicants will have a college degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related fields. Applicants must have strong communication skills both written and verbal, be well organized in thought and execution, and possess the ability to work well under pressure. Please visit the city website for full detail of qualifications. The salary range is DOQ. Offer and acceptance contingent upon passing a drug test and background checks.
Send resumes to Samantha Roybal, City Clerk, 700 Clay St, Arkadelphia, AR 71923, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
www.arkadelphia.gov. Equal Opportunity Employer.