Employment Notice-The City of Arkadelphia is accepting applications for a Parks Maintenance Worker until March 19, 2021.
Parks and Recreation
Report to: Facilities Maintenance Manager, Assistant Facilities Maintenance Manager
Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled tasks related to care and maintenance of the City’s Parks & Recreation facilities. Expected to represent the department, and its philosophies in a favorable and professional manner while performing all of the position’s duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance of sports facilities and playing fields on a daily basis.
- Maintain the dirt infields by leveling, grading, and dragging
- Identify unsafe areas both on the playing fields and surrounding areas and correct those as soon as possible.
- Install lines at the beginning of the season and maintain those lines.
- Follow the standard operating procedure check list for all facilities.
- Report any damages or repairs. Needed on any equipment.
- Maintain park areas for cleanliness which requires cleaning bathrooms, storage room, picking up litter, remove fallen trees and limbs and any other debris or unsightly material.
- Perform other tasks for the maintenance of parks and playground equipment repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Capable of operating standard-size trucks and riding lawnmowers, and gas trimmers.
- Physically capable of preparing playing fields for games through the actions of hand-raking, shoveling, and dragging, and striping.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. to height equal to the end of a city flatbed truck in one single lift.
- Physical ability to perform outdoor work in adverse weather conditions which include Heat above 100 degrees and cold below 32 degrees.
- Possess the ability to comprehend new techniques and training developed in park maintenance.
- Have a personality that will allow you to work closely with others and get along with the public.
- Ability to remain calm in public in order to resolve disagreements with appropriate tact and procedures of a professional.
- General knowledge of sports and field preparations.
- Previous experience in field preparations and facility maintenance a plus.
Applications will be accepted through March 19, 2021, and maybe picked up and returned to Arkadelphia Parks and Recreation Center at 2555 Twin Rivers Drive, Arkadelphia, AR 71923 7:30 to 5:30 Mon – Fri or found online at www.arkadelphia.gov. Equal Opportunity Employer.