The Southwest Central Regional Solid Waste Management District will be hosting a “Household Hazardous Waste Collection” on Saturday, October 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Clark County Fairgrounds.
What are household hazardous wastes?
Household hazardous wastes are unused or leftover household products containing chemicals that are toxic, flammable, corrosive or reactive. These products should NOT be disposed of in household trash, poured down sinks, toilets, storm drains or dumped on the ground. Left stored improperly at home, household hazardous wastes can be a hazard to children and cause hazardous fumes or fires.
Material Acceptance Policy
- Products must be in original containers with labels attached
- Unknown products will not be accepted
- Explosive materials will not be accepted
- Lead acid batteries, auto, marine, golf carts, etc. will not be accepted
- A free pain exchange area will be maintained where paint will be available for use – FREE!
- Provide tight lids before transporting and place several containers in a corrugated box for stability in a car trunk or truck bed
- Keep household hazardous waste products away from children and pets
- Do not mix contents of unknown products together
The following materials will be accepted at this collection.
- Brake or transmission fluid
- Waxes and polish
- Cleaning compounds
- Tires will NOT be accepted
- Water/Latex based
- Aerosol cans
Thinners, Strippers, Solvents
- Mineral spirits
- Paint thinners
- Other non-chlorinated solvents
Household pesticides and herbicides
- Over-the-counter products and pet care products.
- Must be in original containers
Water based cleaners
- All home cleaners for:
- Ammonia products
- Carbon tetra chloride
Compressed gas cylinders
- Outdated propane bottles
- Disposable or expired fuel tanks
- Diesel fuel
- VCR player
- DVD player
- 19″ or smaller
- Electronic games
The collection will be held at the Clark County Fairgrounds from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 15. For more information, call 870-246-9864.