The City of Arkadelphia is looking to fill a part-time maintenance/mechanic opening in its Sanitation Department.
Responsible for repairs, maintenance on all sanitation trucks and equipment, along with Animal Control equipment and other equipment used by the Sanitation Department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates all equipment used by the Sanitation Department.
- Understand basic operation of each piece of equipment.
- Maintains general upkeep of all Sanitation Department equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have experience in welding.
- Physically able to carry out all duties associated with being a mechanic.
- Must have experience in repairs, maintenance of heavy trucks.
- Must have experience in hydraulic equipment repairs.
- See well enough to read fine print and numbers without error or transposition
- Corrective lens acceptable.
- Hear well enough to respond to verbal communication up to 20 feet away.
- Hearing aid acceptable.
- Speak well enough to communicate with the public.
- Ability to crawl, bend, walk, climb under/on top of various types of equipment.
- Strength to lift, carry up to 50 pounds.
- Good dexterity for grasping tools, operating levers, gears, etc.
- Ability to work in various types of weather conditions.
- Extreme heat/cold.
- Cold/dry/wet conditions.
Other Characteristics & Qualifications
- Possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
- Possess a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Completed applications can be submitted to City Clerk Samantha Roybal or dropped off at Town Hall during its normal hours of operation.
Click here to download an application.
The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will be open until filled.