The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is accepting applications for a part-time desk aide.
- Responsible for assisting patrons with program registrations, enrollment, organization and cleanliness of the facilities
- Ensure safety of participants & building
- Maintain a clean & organized working environment and facility
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Unlock facility and perform opening procedures.
- Receive and receipt all transactions.
- Check calendar for daily events and activities.
- Observe all actions of participants at the entrance and other locations of the building.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service at all times.
- Issue and print memberships.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages and transfer calls.
- Take registration for participation in activities and sport programs.
- Issue and retrieve equipment after usage.
- Enforce all rules, regulations, and policies concerning the use of the recreation center. (ZERO TOLERANCE!)
- Ensure the safety of the facility’s members and guest.
- Give out information and promote the use of the building to citizens and potential users.
- Inform the Recreation Center Operations Manager of any problems with the building or participants.
- Lock and secure the facility on closing.
- Setup & teardown of events within Recreation Center.
- Preform cleaning and sanitizing checklist duties daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to speak & write effectively to the public.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Ability to read fine print and numbers.
- Ability to respond to verbal communication.
- Ability to learn and use recreation software.
- Cash handling skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to City Clerk Samantha Roybal. Completed applications may also be dropped off in person to Town Hall, located at 700 Clay Street, during business hours.
The deadline to apply for this job is 12:00 p.m. on Friday, September 23, 2022.
The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.