The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is looking to fill multiple part-time front desk/concession stand positions.
Responsible for assisting patrons with program registrations, enrollment, organization and cleanliness of the facilities. To ensure the safety of participants & building. Maintain a clean & organized working environment and facility.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Unlock facility and perform opening procedures.
- Receive and receipt all transactions.
- Check calendar for daily events and activities.
- Observe all actions of participants at the entrance and other locations of the building.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service at all times.
- Issue and print memberships.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages and transfer calls.
- Take registration for participation in activities and sport programs.
- Issue and retrieve equipment after usage.
- Enforce all rules, regulations, and policies concerning the use of the recreation center. (ZERO TOLERANCE!)
- Ensure the safety of the facility’s members and guest.
- Give out information and promote the use of the building to citizens and potential users.
- Inform the Recreation Center Operations Manager of any problems with the building or participants.
- Lock and secure the facility on closing.
- Setup & teardown of events within Recreation Center.
- Preform cleaning and sanitizing checklist duties daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to speak & write effectively to the public.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Ability to read fine print and numbers.
- Ability to respond to verbal communication.
- Ability to learn and use recreation software.
- Cash handling skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to Parks and Recreation Director Stuart Tapson or deliver it to the Recreation Center during its normal hours of operation.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION.
These positions will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.