The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is looking to hire a Recreation Programmer.
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing, supervising athletic leagues, tournaments and related special events and activities within the Parks & Recreation Department with emphasis on athletics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to public communications, special events, maintaining a positive relationship with program participants, analyze data and prepare reports, and/or preforming other related activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule and implement a verity of sport and recreational programs for youth and adults, while maximizing program participation.
- Conduct or provide on-site supervision of programs as required; requisition supplies; organize registration and instructor staffing.
- Develop recommendations for recreational programs that serve community needs; research recreational needs of the public; analyze related proposals and prepare recommendations for department management consideration.
- Respond to citizen requests for information and complaints with respect to the recreation programs, or personnel; ensure appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Prepares a variety of reports and other documents such as operating, activity and statistical reports.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as necessary for successful program operations.
- Supports other areas within Parks and Recreation Department by assisting with special events, recreational programs, facility rentals, and facility coverage issues in the absence of staff.
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and department policies and procedures.
- Implements officiating policies, rules and procedures for the efficient operation of in-house sports programs.
- Coordinates registration for various recreational programs; schedules recreational facilities for programs and events.
- Works with Park Maintenance staff to ensure successful operation and setup of events.
- Point of contact for seasonal staff, umpires, referees and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education or related field.
- 1-2 years progressively responsible experience in recreation, OR, any combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with recreation software’s, & Microsoft Office.
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work as an individual.
- Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to the City Clerk, Samantha Roybal. Completed applications can also be dropped off at Town Hall, located at 700 Clay Street.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, August 18. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.