The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is looking to fill three (3) part-time maintenance positions for the upcoming summer season.
Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled tasks related to care and maintenance of the City’s Parks & Recreation facilities. Expected to represent the department, and its philosophies in a favorable and professional manner while performing all of the position’s duties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance of sports facilities and playing fields on a daily basis.
- Maintain the dirt infields by leveling, grading, and dragging
- Identify unsafe areas both on the playing fields and surrounding areas and correct those as soon as possible.
- Install lines at the beginning of the season and maintain those lines.
- Follow the standard operating procedure check list for all facilities.
- Report any damages or repairs. Needed on any equipment.
- Maintain park areas for cleanliness which requires cleaning bathrooms, storage room, picking up litter, remove fallen trees and limbs and any other debris or unsightly material.
- Perform other tasks for the maintenance of parks and playground equipment repair.
- Must be able to work independently along with working in a team setting.
- Mowing & weed eating all parks & recreation facility grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Capable of operating standard size trucks and riding lawnmowers, and gas trimmers.
- Physically capable of preparing playing fields for games through the actions of hand-raking, shoveling, and dragging, and striping.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.to height equal to the end of a city flatbed truck in one single lift.
- Physical ability to perform outdoor work in adverse weather conditions which includes heat above 100 degrees and cold below 32 degrees.
- Have a personality that will allow you to work close with others and get along with the public.
- General knowledge of sports and field preparations.
- Previous experience in field preparations and facility maintenance a plus.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to Parks and Recreation Director Stuart Tapson or deliver it to the Recreation Center during its normal hours of operation.
Click here to download an application.
These positions will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.