The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for a part-time facility/concessions supervisor.
Manage all aspects of the concession stands along with, perform trainings, assign staff for events, manage inventory, and assist with the day-to-day operations of parks & recreation facilities while providing highest quality of customer service in a safe manner. This position is Safety Sensitive due to the duties and responsibilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Inventory: manage all aspects of inventory and control.
- Pricing: continually compare pricing of items with vendor cost.
- Staffing: create schedules, train, and manage timesheets.
- Training: opening and closing procedures, food preparation techniques, cleaning schedule and responsibilities, operating the cash register, handling & counting cash accurately.
- Work with vendors on delivery of items in a timely manner.
- Manage cost and collect receipts.
- Fill in as needed during events.
Recreation Center Coordinating:
- Assists with front desk operations to include participant registration, collecting payments, answering phones, and providing general customer service to recreation facility patrons.
- Trains and supervises assigned staff for front desk operations.
- Responsible for custodial supplies and equipment.
- Oversee setup, teardown and overall cleanliness of the facility for events and daily usage.
- Assist in the scheduling of facility usage.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- College degree in recreation, or other job-related fields, preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in parks & recreation field, preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience managing concession supplies, staff, revenues, preferred.
- Ability to operate office equipment and computers.
- Experience with recreation software & Microsoft Office.
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Strong sense of initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to Human Resources Manager Chama Williams, or deliver it to Town Hall during its normal hours of operation. Town Hall is located at 700 Clay Street in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
This position will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, call Town Hall at 870.246.9864.