The Arkadelphia Sanitation Department handles the collection and disposal of all solid waste within the city limits and the recycling of all acceptable materials. The City of Arkadelphia provides twice a week residential garbage pickup, either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, according to location. Residents are asked to place their bagged garbage as near the street as practical, by 7 AM on the morning of pickup. Trash should not be put out the night before, to ensure it is not torn open by animals.
As part of our efforts to become a sustainable community, we strongly encourage our residents to participate in our recycling program. Simply pitching recyclable materials into a recycle bin, rather than your trash can will drastically reduce the amount of waste we send to our landfills and is available at no cost to you.
We pick up recycling on Thursday and Friday of Each Week. Check the map to see what day we pick up yours.
We ask that you have recyclables set out by 7:00 AM and separate from your trash bags to ensure our crews can see your recycling. The recycling route is run by a different truck and driver than trash pick up. As a result, times will differ from your usual pick up of trash.
*Bins must have a top on so the material will not get wet. Bins left in an open state will not be picked up.
*Bins with non-recyclables will not be picked up.
Currently, we recycle clean mixed paper and aluminum cans. Mixed paper includes the following:
- Junk Mail
- Office paper
- Pasteboard (i.e. cereal boxes)
- Cardboard (i.e. pizza boxes)
What we do not recycle:
- Steel cans such as dog food, cat food, or canned goods
- Aluminum Foil
- Tissue or paper towels
The City of Arkadelphia provides twice a week residential garbage pickup, either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, according to the location (click for map).
*Residents are asked to place their bagged garbage as near the street as possible, by 7 AM on the morning of pickup. Trash should not be put out the night before, to ensure it is not torn open by animals.
*Trash bags should be tied closed. Bags left in an open state will not be picked up.
*Trash in the clear Arkadelphia Recycle bags will not be picked up, these are for recycling only
City Residents receive vouchers by mail for rolls of bags towards the middle of December and the middle of June. These vouchers are good for 1 roll of 50 count black trash bags. Vouchers can be redeemed at a drive-through event held in the last week of December and the last week of June at the Parks and Recreation Center. After the event, rolls of bags may be picked up at the Arkadelphia Water Utility Office at Town Hall.
Additional bags may be purchased at the Arkadelphia Water Utilities Office, located at 700 Clay Street, for $8.00 per roll (trash) and $5.00 per roll (recycle).
For residents living in the City Limits of Arkadelphia, the Sanitation Department can provide Large Item pickups by calling 870-246-1804. The receptionist will need your address, items to be picked up and your telephone number. On Monday mornings, all requests are gathered and placed in a route from the previous week’s calls. We do not schedule pickups for any specific time and we ask that items be on the curb by 7:00 AM the following week that you have called.
- Please call 870-246-1804, Monday-Friday between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM to schedule your large item pick up.
- We do not schedule pickups for any specific time
- All items during the week that were called in will be placed on the following week’s route
- Please have items as close to the curb as possible by 7:00 AM Monday morning
- Please do not place items under power lines, limbs or near fire hydrants, gas meters, mailboxes, or any structure that could be damaged.
- Please keep items stacked in a neat pile and the least amount of piles as possible
- Items such as couches, mattresses, furniture, wood, building materials, and brush/limbs can be scheduled. Please do not have household garbage, plastic bags, bagged leaves, cardboard, paint, batteries, or tires mixed with the piles for pickup.
- For large amounts of household garbage, please see the mobile dumpster section for details
- No tires, batteries, paint, shingles, railroad cross ties or asbestos materials
- No household trash
- Commercial Customers are allowed 1 pickup per quarter.
CUT TREE POLICY
NO trunks or logs, or spoils from timber/tree removal. Tree trunk, stump, and spoils from tree removal are to pay a fee at a rate set at a minimum of $75.00 per truck trip to the site plus landfill
fees ($25.75 per ton or $44.00 per ton if paper products are mixed with the debris).
Residents that have large amounts of household trash or odds and ends or junk that are not considered large item can rent a mobile dumpster. Please call the City of Arkadelphia Water Office at 870-246-5863 to schedule a dumpster to be delivered.
- Dumpsters are delivered each Monday afternoon and picked up the following Monday
- Dumpsters are $20 for the week
- If you require extra dumps, there will be a $20 per dump fee
We ask that you do not put rocks, dirt, shingles, paint, tires or batteries in the dumpster.
Please do not overload the dumpster or have items hanging off the side, as this is dangerous to haul.
Dumpsters are to be in the driveway or in the street close to the curb and not to be moved by residents when in place. There will be no dumpsters set in yards.