The City of Arkadelphia’s Sanitation Department is accepting applications for an Alternate Transfer Truck Driver. This person will serve as a back up to the transfer truck driver.
- Drives roll-off truck to and from designated landfill.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Properly loads, unloads transfer boxes onto transfer truck.
- Performs minor repairs on transfer truck.
- Keeps truck in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Physically able to carry out all duties associated with position
- Lifting heavy objects in transfer boxes.
- Ability to read, write and follow general directions.
- Awareness of all safety standards when operating heavy equipment vehicles.
- Ability to safely/skillfully operate all Sanitation Department equipment.
- Hear well enough to respond to verbal communication up to 20-feet away.
- Hearing aid acceptable.
- Good dexterity for grasping tools, operating levers, gears, etc.
- Ability to work in various types of weather conditions.
- Extreme heat/cold.
- Cold/dry/wet conditions.
Other Characteristics & Qualifications
- Possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
- Possess a valid commercial driver’s license (Class B CDL).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have experience in driving large trucks.
Interested candidates should submit a completed application to the City Clerk, Samantha Roybal, via email, or drop a completed application off at Town Hall. Hours of operation are listed below.
Monday – Thursday // 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday // 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.