The City of Arkadelphia is accepting applications for a Special Events Manager.
About the Role
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of events and programs for the City of Arkadelphia.
This position will report to the City Manager while working with all city departments, community organizations and other stakeholders to create events for various audiences.
The Special Events Manager is responsible for the operational and financial aspects of events each year, including managing vendors, contracts, budgets, and planning and execution of event logistics.
Communication is key in this role. The Special Events Manager will communicate regularly with internal and external partners and customers about progress, challenges, and any changes occurring throughout the event cycle to effectively execute the Event vision.
This position will work closely with the Director of Communications to develop print materials, design graphics for print, web and television, website updates and maintenance, video production, photographing events, writing articles, social media activities, implement streamlined workflows and production processes, etc.
Regular attendance is an essential job function.
Essential Job Functions
- Create, plan and execute events for the City of Arkadelphia.
- Create reliable financial reports and collect payments on time.
- Create, adhere to annual budget.
- Manage events, address problems that may arise.
- Establish, maintain relationships with vendors
- Maintain working knowledge of complex needs for a wide variety of events.
- Consult with City Department Heads on events related to the promotion of municipal programs, services, and issues consistent with the City’s mission and goals.
- Remain flexible, reorganize priorities/strategies as projects arise.
- The Special Events Manager should have two (2) or more years of related experience in event planning and/or management, as well as a successful track record of event execution.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Interested candidates must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license and a good driving record.
- The ideal candidate is a team player, who has the ability to see the “big picture.” Candidate must be detailed oriented. Execution depends on proficient management of details.
Skills & Abilities
The Special Events Manager must be able to perform occasionally tedious, exacting work, frequently change tasks and perform multiple tasks simultaneously under frequent time pressures.
The Special Events Manager must possess exceptional writing and speaking skills. This employee must be able to effectively plan, direct, maintain effective working relationships, convey a positive image, operate a variety of equipment, operate a motorized vehicle, respond quickly for problem-solving, multi-task, possess design and reproduction skill set, work under pressure and be resourceful.
The Special Events Manager must have the ability to work at a macro-level, keeping in mind the broader vision, while also attending to micro-level operational details. This position requires a great deal of problem-solving and a high degree of self-management.
The Special Events Manager should be thoroughly familiar with event management and planning. This employee must be able to prioritize, be meticulous and flexible. Employee must use their problem-solving skills and determination to overcome challenges and ensure that events meet the City’s expectations.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to City Clerk Samantha Roybal, or deliver it to Town Hall during its normal hours of operation. Town Hall is located at 700 Clay Street in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION.
This position will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, call Town Hall at 870.246.9864.