Starting a Business in Arkadelphia

Businesses in Arkadelphia are not required to obtain an occupation tax permit.  However, there are several things that you need to know about starting a business.  The list below includes details regarding Arkadelphia, and the State of Arkansas to help you navigate your business building process.

To obtain your Arkansas Sales Tax Number Contact the State of Arkansas Sales Tax Office.

Department of Finance and Administration

7th and Wolfe Streets, Room 211

Little Rock, AR 72202


New businesses must complete an application for withholding taxes for employees (form AR4ER).  Applicants should include their Federal ID Number with the application.  Forms are available online at or by contacting:

Arkansas Finance and Administration Withholding Tax Branch

Ledbetter Building

1816 West 7th Street, Room 1380

Little Rock, AR 72201

Mailing Address for W2s:

P.O. BOx 8055

Little Rock, AR, 72203

Mailing Address for Payments:

P.O. Box 9941

Little Rock, AR 72203



A permit to sell alcoholic beverages is based on seating capacity.  Restaurants with a seating capacity of 0-99 seats is $500.00 annually.

Restaurants with a seating capacity exceeding 100 is $1,000 annually.

Additionally, 10% of all alcohol sales must be paid to the City of Arkadelphia.


Beer/Wine only sales – Code B – $20.00 per year with an additional $5 per $1,000 of revenue from alcohol sales exceeding $2,000.

Beer/Wine and Liquor – Code A – $425.00 per year with an additional $5 per $1,000 of revenue from alcohol sales  exceeding $2,000.


Arkansas Licenses both commercial and residential contractors.  To apply for the license to work on construction projects, contact:

State of Arkansas Contractors’ Licensing Board

4100 Richards Rd.

North Little Rock, AR 72117


To apply for  an Electrician’s License contact:

Arkansas Board of Electrical Examiners

10421 West Markham

Little Rock, AR 72117



To practice plumbing work outside of your own property (residence or agriculture building), you must have a license by the State of Arkansas.  To apply for a license contact:

Arkansas Department of Health-Plumbing and Natural Gas Section; Division of Protective Health Codes

4815 West Markham Slot 24

Little Rock, AR 72201


Massage Therapy

To apply for a massage therapy license contact:

Arkansas State Board of Massage Therapy

101 East Capitol Ave. Suite 206

P.O. Box 2019

Little Rock, AR 72201 (501)683-1448


To register or incorporate a state trademark, you must contact the Arkansas Secretary of State’s Office.  There is a one-time $50.00 filing fee, and a minimum $150.00 franchise fee annually.  To file for incorporation contact:

Secretary of State’s Office

Business/Commerical Services Division

1401 West Capitol Ave, Suite 250

Little Rock, AR 


To obtain a Liquor License you must complete an application and submit it to:

Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control

5515 West 7th Street Suite 503

Little Rock, AR 72201


Additionally, to obtain a permit, applicants must attend a 4-hour educational seminar that is provided by the Alcoholic Beverages Control Division (ABC).  These seminars are provided twice monthly.  Permit fees range from $0 to $1,000.00, an additional federal occupational tax of approximately $250.00.  City taxes on selling alcohol depends on if your business is retail or a restaurant.  Restaurant alcohol taxes depend on the seating capacity of your facility, while retail is based on sales.  If a retail business is new and doesn’t have a sales record to base their sales on, taxes will start at no less than $15.00 and it is determined on annual sales after that point.  Annual sales are recorded from July 1st to June 30th of the following year.

A $50.00 non-refundable fee is required of all Arkansas vendors on a retail or wholesale basis.  The Application form, “Application for Arkansas Business Permit” is available online, at the link below or Applications may be obtained by contacting: 

State of Arkansas Sales and Use Tax Section Ledbetter Building

1816 West 7th Street, Suite1330

Little Rock, AR 72201

P.O. Box 1272

Little Rock, AR 72203


State of Arkansas: 6.5%

City of Arkadelphia: 2.0%

Clark County: 1.5% 

Total: 10.0% 

People that are looking for property to establish their business should speak with the City of Arkadelphia, Building Department, contact information is included below.  For those wanting to rezone existing property they must go before the City of Arkadelphia Planning Commission.  This can be coordinated by the City of Arkadelphia Building Department.

City of Arkadelphia, Building Department

700 Clay Street

Arkadelphia, AR 71923


Arkansas law requires all businesses to assess their Business Personal Property each year between January 1 and May 31.  Assessments are now available to complete online at or if you would like to assess by completing the Commercial Personal Property Assessment Form, please contact the Assessor’s office at 870-246-4431.