The City of Arkadelphia’s Sanitation Department is accepting applications for a transfer station operator.
- Responsible for unloading all trucks, compacting trash into transfer boxes and changing out transfer boxes when at capacity.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates truck and semi-trailer.
- Properly weighs truck on city scales.
- Keeps transfer station clean and orderly at all times.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on transfer station.
- Operates and unloads all trucks that come to the scales.
- Maintains constant weight in transfer trailers in order to keep them from overloading.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and explain the mechanical operations of the transfer station.
- Ability to read, write and understand general directions.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
The Transfer Station Operator will be required to perform “Medium Work.”
Medium Work is defined as exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Body agility is emphasized.
- This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
This position will be open until filled. The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION.
Interested candidates should email a completed application to City Clerk Samantha Roybal, or deliver it to Town Hall during its normal hours of operation. Town Hall is located at 700 Clay Street in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
For more information, call Town Hall at 870.246.9864.