The City of Arkadelphia’s Fire Department is currently accepting applications for 2 volunteer firefighting positions. Volunteer firefighters will be paid per call.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work performing in combating, extinguishing and preventing fires.
- Protection of life and property through firefighting activities.
- Ability to operate fire engines, aerial trucks, support vehicles and operating pumps.
- Use independent judgement according to the situation.
- Provide other support services as needed under the supervision of shift captain.
- Applicants must live within 20 minutes of AFD stations.
- Applicants must attend a minimum of 50% of AFD calls and meetings.
To apply, email a completed application to Fire Chief Jason Hunt, or drop it off at Fire Station 1, located at 610 Caddo Street.
The City of Arkadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.