You may pay your water bill online by going to the link below, or by visiting the Water Department at Town Hall.

700 Clay Street, 

Arkadelphia, AR 71923

Online Bill Pay

Payment Window:
7:30 AM – 4:45 PM, Monday – Thursday
7:30 AM – 10:45 AM, Friday

Mailing Address:
Arkadelphia Water Utilities
P.O. Box 495
Arkadelphia, AR 71923

Hours of Operation:

Office Hours:
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday – Thursday
7:30 AM – 11:30 AM, Friday

Night Deposit:
Open 24/7, the 1st – 20th of each month, and closes at 5:30 PM on the 21st of each month.

After Hours Phone:

Residents are asked to place their trash at 7:00 AM close to the curb the morning of trash pick up.  This prevents animals from tearing into the trash and causing unsightly and unsanitary conditions.  

City Ordinance No. B-389, Section 4.3c states “On collection days only, residents will place filled bags on property owned, rented or under their control, at a point as near the curb line as practical.”

Collection Days are split up on a Monday/Thursday Pick up Schedule and a Tuesday/Friday pick up schedule.  The Sanitation Pickup Days map is attached below.

For a Large Item pick up, you may call at any time to the Sanitation Department at (870)246-1804.  If you get the answering machine, please leave a clear message stating the address and a brief description of what is to be picked up.

  1. Call Monday through Sunday for the following week, the department does not do same day pickups.
  2. Tree limbs only, less than 10 feet long.  No trunks or logs, or spoils of timber/tree removal.  Tree trunk, stumps, and spoils from the tree removal are to pay the same fees as listed on item 6 below.
  3. Must be by the curb, not in the street.  Do not obstruct any utility meters or wire, etc.
  4. No bagged leaves.
  5. We cannot pick up tires, batteries shingles, demolished building materials, cardboard, cross ties, or trash bags. 
  6. Commercial customers are allowed one pick-up per quarter.  Additional pick-ups can be made at a minimum fee of $75.00 per truck trip to the site plus landfill fees ($25.75 per ton or $44.00 per ton if paper products are mixed with the debris).  

City Board of Directors meetings are held on the second floor of Town Hall in the Board Room at 5:30 PM on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.

Board of Directors Procedural Rules
2.2 Citizens
(a) Citizens and visitors are welcomed and encouraged to attend all public Board of Directors business meetings.
(b) Any citizens may request to be placed on the agenda by notifying the City Manager or City Clerk in writing by no later than noon Monday the week prior to the week of the meeting.
(c) Citizens wanting to address the Board must provide in writing:
(i) The nature of the business to be discussed
(ii) Describe results desired
(iii) If action is requested reasoning must be stated
(d) Citizens speaking to the Board of Directors shall have a speaking time limit of 10 minutes. The time limit may be extended with dialogue between the speaker and the Board of Directors.

Request to Address the City Board

To learn more about the Flood Plain please contact Deanna Graves in the Building Department at (870)246-1818 or visit our Flood Plain page at the link below.

Flood Plain

The Animal Control office may be contacted at (870)260-4079.

Yes, the Arkadelphia Fire Department does provide and install free smoke alarms to citizens within the Arkadelphia city limits.  Several times a year the Fire Department will have a sign-up at community events, or citizens can call the fire station to request this service at (870)246-9354.

Hazardous waste drop-off events will be announced on this website as well as the City of Arkadelphia Facebook page.  These events are hosted twice per year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring.

There is a 24/7 drop point for unused prescription drugs in the lobby of the Police Station at 514 Clay Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923.

The Arkadelphia Police Department also participates in a DEA prescription drug drop-off event with the Clark County Sherriff’s Office in April.  Additional information on this event will be shared on this website and on the City of Arkadelphia Facebook Page.

To host a special event in town, a person or organization will need to complete a special event request and send them to the Communications Director.  The application will be reviewed by the City Manager and appropriate Department Heads for approval, and the status of the request will be provided by the Communications Director.  A link to the Special Event Application is provided at the link below.

Special Event Policy and Application

The Recreation Center has rental agreements available for all its parks and facilities.

Please stop by the Arkadelphia Recreation Center:

2555 Twin Rivers Dr

Arkadelphia, AR 71923

Arkadelphia Parks and Recreation offers numerous adult and youth sports:

Adult Volleyball

Adult Softball

Adult Kickball

Adult Pickleball

Adult Flag Football

Youth Flag Football

Youth Tackle Football

Youth Volleyball

Arkadelphia Parks and Recreation also partners with local organizations to provide the following:

Youth Baseball

Youth Softball

Youth Soccer

The Arkadelphia Fire Department takes applications for Volunteer Fire Fighters at all times and keeps those applications when the need for additional Volunteers arises.  To apply to become a Volunteer Fire Fighter please go to the application attached below.

Volunteer Fire Fighter Application

There are two courtesy vehicles at the Dexter B. Florence Memorial Airport.  To reserve one of these vehicles during your visit to Arkadelphia please contact the Airport Manager at (870)246-8945.