EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- CITY CLERK
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE- CITY CLERK
The City of Arkadelphia is taking applications for an experienced professional to serve as City Clerk under a City Manager form of government. The position is responsible to City Manager and is confirmed by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; custodian of official city records, attendance at and recording City Board meetings, certification of election petitions, and clerical support to the City Manager, City Board, and Department Heads. Qualified applicants must be competent in Microsoft Windows applications, possess above average grammar, spelling, and clerical skills, and be at least 18 years of age. The salary range is DOQ.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, at the following address: City Manager’s Office, 700 Clay Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71923. EOE
The employment Notice-The City of Arkadelphia is accepting applications for an Aquatic Park Manager through April 16, 2021.
Job Title: Aquatic Park Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week, Seasonal Position (Memorial Day- Labor Day)
Range: $14.00 Per Hour
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Devoted to the supervision of the other employees, to the promotion of the pool, and to his/her overall responsibility for the pool’s operation. Portrays a “public health” point of view. Observes and studies of all phases of pool operation with an aim toward maintaining the highest health and safety standards. This position is Safety Sensitive due to the duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule lifeguards’ hours concentrating on creating an equal time in the sun among the lifeguards.
- Keep timesheets of hours worked and posted to be turned in on time.
- Train the lifeguard staff concerning their respective duties; training includes on and off the stand lifesaving skills.
- Orders and Reports any equipment/ supplies needed to the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Turn in any receipts after purchasing any equipment/ supplies.
- Set the basic rules for the pool that are approved by the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Keep an account of all money given in the pool’s concern. Turn in all money received each day making certain that balances are correct and match the number of names participating in pool activities in a given day. Turn in attendance sheet daily to the Department secretary.
- Maintain a record of all people entering the pool making sure that no one is admitted free without being on the pass list or having a city pass form filled out completely. Turn in attendance records each week with the money collected to the Department administrative assistant.
- Maintain proper water treatment processes.
- Take regular water collection samples for analysis and report daily.
- Maintain safe and efficient management of facilities and participants in the pool programs.
- Responsible for the pool maintenance operations.
- Maintain control of all keys. Ensure that lifeguards do not duplicate keys.
- Maintain a clean deck, clean basket, check the entrance, and clean dressing facility.
- Report any major maintenance repair needed immediately to the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Ensure staff members are alert, prompt, and take their job seriously as well as performing their respective duties as lifeguards.
- Maintain good relations with the public; if a pool patron needs to be suspended from the pool do so with good cause and tactfulness. Do not use physical force and if necessary, have the police remove a pool patron.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate all proper rescue procedures both in pool water and out of the pool Water.
- Ability to pass the Red Cross Lifesaving test written and practical.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle disputes in a proper and tactful manner with patron and staff.
- Experience managing or operating a pool is a plus.
- Must have current Red Cross CPR/First aid certification.
- Ability to manage multiple staff members and assure task completion.
- Possess a High School diploma and a minimum of two years of higher education in physical education or recreation.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 16th, 2021, and maybe picked up and returned to Arkadelphia Parks & Rec Center, Arkadelphia, AR 71923 7:30 to 5:30 Mon – Fri or found online at www.arkadelphia.gov. Equal Opportunity Employer