Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
Before you begin construction on your new home or business, you will need to create a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan. You or your contractor will need to complete the following requirements and deliver them to our office located at 700 Clay Street.
Stormwater Permit Requirements
Sites that require a City of Arkadelphia stormwater permit:
- Any project sites, regardless of size, that have the potential to pollute waters of the state.
- Sites greater than one (1), but less than five (5), distributed acres OR are part of a larger common plan (subdivisions) regardless of size.
- All commercial sites.
Sites less than five (5) acres are not required to get a permit through ADEQ.
Sites that require both ADEQ and City of Arkadelphia stormwater permits.
- Sites greater than five (5), but less than ten (10), distributed acres.
- Sites greater than ten (10) distributed acres.
The City of Arkadelphia will not issue stormwater permits on project sites larger than five (5) acres unless a permit from ADEQ has been issued.
A project meeting the above criteria should begin a permitting process the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) for addressing.
City of Arkadelphia permit requirements
- Must meet ADEQ stormwater permit requirements.
- Stormwater pollution prevention plans must be submitted to the City of Arkadelphia for review prior to land disturbance.
- A signed copy of the stormwater pollution prevention plan must be kept on the construction site and updated regularly.
- Rain gauges/solid waste dumpsters must be correctly installed at the construction site.
- Best Management Practices (BMP’s) for erosion and sediment control must be maintained.
- All contractors and inspectors must be property trained.
- Inspections must be performed every 14 days, or within 24 hours of a half-inch or more rain event.
- Never discharge muddy water, sediment or other pollutants from job site.
- ADEQ site coverage must be posted at worksite and visible to public.
- ADEQ Automatic Site Coverage – Small sites
- ADEQ Notice of Coverage – Medium/large sites
- Upon final stabilization, contact the City of Arkadelphia Building Department at 870-246-1818 to schedule a final inspection.
If you have determined you need a small site permit from the requirements listed above, please complete and submit the following documents:
Stormwater Prevention Plan Template
Stormwater Prevention Plan Agreement Form
ADEQ Small Site Automatic Coverage
If you are going to disturb an area greater than five (5) acres, you are required to permit with ADEQ first. If you are unsure if this applies to you, contact the Building Department at 870-246-1818.