267 Hemphill Road, Arkadelphia, AR | 870-246-1803
The Sanitation Department is responsible for the collection and disposal of all solid waste within the city limits and the recycling of all acceptable materials.
The City of Arkadelphia’s Sanitation Department is proud to offer residential trash pickup twice a week.
Residents will either have their trash picked up on Mondays & Thursdays or Tuesdays & Fridays, based on location.
Click here to view the sanitation map.
Residents must have their trash bagged and placed as close to the street as possible by 7:00 a.m. on the morning of their designated pickup. Trash should not be placed outside the night before to ensure it is not torn open by animals.
Large Item Pickup
Large item pickup is available upon request for residents living within city limits.
Large item pickups are not scheduled for any specific time. On Monday morning, all requests from the previous week are gathered and placed in a route. Residents are asked to place their items on the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the Monday following their request.
Large Item Pickup Requirements
- Large items should be placed away from power lines, limbs, fire hydrants, gas meters, mailboxes and/or any structure that could be damaged.
- Large items should be stacked in a neat pile or piles.
- Battiers, paint, shingles, railroad cross ties, asbestos materials and/or household trash are NOT included in large item pickup.
- Commerical customers are allowed one large item pickup per quarter.
Large Items Eligible For Scheduled Pickup
- Building materials
Residents with large amounts of household trash not considered to be large items can rent a mobile dumpster.
- Renter will not throw rocks, dirt, shingles, paint, tires or batteries into dumpster.
- Renter will not overload dumpster.
- Rental will not have items hanging off side of dumpster.
- Renter will leave dumpster in driveway, or on street close to curb.
- Dumpsters are not allowed to be set in yards.
- Dumpsters are delivered Monday afternoon and picked up the following Monday.
- Dumpsters cost $20 per week.
- Renters who need extra dumps will be charged a $20 per dump fee.
Recycling is picked up on Thursdays and Fridays at a different time than trash pickup.
To enroll in the city’s recycling program, residents must call the Sanitation Department at 870-246-1803.
Residents will then be given a city recycling bin to place eligible items in.
Residents interested in participating must call the Sanitation Department to enroll. They will then be given a city recycling bin to place their materials in.
- Bins must have top on.
- Bins must include accepted recyclables.
- Aluminum cans
- Junk mail
- Office paper
- Pasteboard (cereal boxes)
- Cardboard (pizza boxes)
- Steel cans (dog/cat food, canned goods)
- Aluminum Foil
- Tissue or paper towels